Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Craft Room Makeover: Part 1



Have I told you that I'm married to the most generous, kind-hearted, helpful, amazing, handsome man ever? Before I left camping with the kids I finally found the storage solution for all of my scrapbook/craftroom supplies. Originally, we were going to do custom cabinets, etc...but when I saw this bookshelf/entertainment unit at IKEA for a fraction of the cost and knew I could also take it with me if we ever move from this house, it was love at first sight. I semi-jokingly told Josh (a few dozen times)that if he wanted to go to IKEA while I was gone camping and buy all of the items on my wish list and assemble them, it would be fine with me. :) And you know what? He did it. I could hardly believe it! Thank you Josh (and Sean Elwell) for surprising me with my dream!

Here are some before and after pictures. We still need to choose a window treatment, a few more accessories and a paint color for the wall (any suggestions???).

BEFORE:


AFTER:








9 comments:

Shells said...

Well, as you remember, I am not crafty at all. So if I ever DO get the craft bug, I will call you and/or Josh immediately! It really looks fantastic.

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I HAVE BEEN BEGGING CHRIS FOR A CRAFT ROOM!!! This is AWESOME!! I am so excited for you!! Josh, way to be a stellar hubby! Seriously though, Jen I am totally living my dream through you now! Because this room is awesome!

Rebecca Pierce said...

Oh my gosh, this is such an ironic post. I knew you had a craft room and I was going to call you and see what you did and come see it...I didn't know it wasn't done a long time ago, and then I see this post! I love it!

I talked Chris into walling off our dinning room in the entry way so that I can use that space as a craft room, and I'm ready to shop for organization! I was going to go to IKEA, because we were so thrilled with what we found there for our toy room (we used their custom closet system, but for us it is toy room storage). NOW I am wondering if I could unload some toys and bring the toy storage downstairs for my craft room, then I'd be all set and I'd just need a decent desk for my sewing machine to forever be set up on.

Like how I'm thinking a loud on your blog comment? Sorry...your gorgeous room got me all excited, and it was just what I needed to see!

What a great guy that Josh is!

lauren said...

oh my beautiful! I am so jealous! What about a pear green for the walls or a pale yellow? A pattern would look cool... kind of crafty?!?(I would do a chocolate brown maybe if you are feeling bold?!?)... Just a few ideas. But I love the room!
Lauren

Outnumbered Three To One said...

Wow Jen, it's beautiful! I can't wait to see what new projects you pump out of your lovely room... what's it going to be first, cards or scrapbook pages?

Unknown said...

Jen, this Aunt Patti, and as a fellow crafter I am slightly green with envy. What a great a space for crafting! I do have suggestion for paint color - sky blue is the color for increasing creativity. A nice pale blue with some maybe gray undertones and some clean white with it. But that's just me! Enjoy your new space.

Bowles said...

Amazing! need i say more. Great job on the makeover.

Anonymous said...

this looks great!!!!

Amanda & Jason said...

I love your new craft room. I couldn't be more green right now. I wish for a room like this some day. I just love it!!!!