Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ultrasound results are in...

...and it looks like Kaylee maintains her reign as the solo princess in the family once again.

We are thrilled to be welcoming another little boy in early May (around the 7th). Preliminary indications appear that all is well with this baby (which is a welcome relief after the Down Syndrome worries we had with my last pregnancy).

Many friends and family members have asked us about names. We are at a loss! Our kids have definitely felt free to share their opinions, however, and continue to lobby tirelessly for their top choice. Unfortunately, most of their top picks are either named after favorite Disney show characters, their neighborhood buddies or cartoon characters. (To give you an idea... Moseby, Mater and Zack are just a few.) The only name we are seriously considering is Landon's pick. For the past few days he's been patting my stomach and saying, "nice baby Max". He's taken a recent liking to the Nick Jr. cartoon Max and Ruby, which I happen to love because it reminds me so much of the relationship Landon shares with his big sister Kaylee. So, we'll see if Max sticks. I happen to think it's kind of cute. I'm not sure if it would be straight out Max, or if Max would be short for Maxwell. Josh is still undecided. We have a few other names we're tossing around, but nothing solid yet.

Any name suggestions? Particularly any first names that go well with our last name? This is your chance to name our baby, lol... Think hard!

6 comments:

Chris and Mari Spiker said...

I LOVE MAx! I have been wanting to name my baby that! I think a lot of names go well with Carver. I am trying to think of names that go with the "flow" of your other children's names. .. I'll get back to you! HURRAY FOR A BOY!

Kelli said...

Mason Carver

Karina Rigtrup said...

Congrats!! I love boys! I think Maxwell/Max is an adorable name and flows great with Carver. Our kids picked Tallula's name and people thought we were crazy. But it stuck and it's so her.

Cami said...

Camden.... Camden Maxwell Carver

Jennifer said...

You don't have to make it Maxwell, you know. Let's see, there's Maximum, or just Maxim. There's Maxfactor and Maxipad, although I do think Maxipad would be more apporpriate for a girl. You could always do Maxamillion, or, oooh, even better yet: Maxabillion, Maxatrillion, or Maxazillion. The list goes on.

Seriously though, Max is super cute! I think Maxwell Carver sounds splendid.

holly said...

i love the name max/maxwell!!!! it's a classic boy name! some of my top boy names were tate, davis, harris, brooks, and of coarse jackson and maxwell! i think any name you give this little man will be perfect.....congratulations!